UNDERGRADUATE COURSES, DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER ENGINEERING AND INFORMATICS, UNIVERSITY OF PATRAS
- 2009 - Today: "Programming and Systems on the Web", Mandatory Course, 8th Semester
- 1999 - Today: "Concepts of Programming Languages and Compilers", Mandatory Course, 4th Semester
- 1999 - Today: "Internet Technologies", Elective Course, Fall Semester
- 1998 - Today: "Evaluation Techniques for Computer Systems", Elective Course, Fall Semester
- 1998 - 2008: "Simulation of Information Systems", Elective Course, Spring Semester
- 1986 - 1998: Teaching of the course "Operations Research for Computers", (5th and 4th year)
- 1995 - 1998: Teaching of the course "Models and Analysis of Computer Systems", (4th year)
- 1995 - 1998: Co-teaching of the course "Concepts of Programming Languages", (2nd year)
- 1990, 1991: Partial teaching of the course "Probability Theory", (2nd year)
POSTGRADUATE COURSES, DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER ENGINEERING AND INFORMATICS, UNIVERSITY OF PATRAS
SCIENTIFIC RESPONSIBILITY OF SUMMER COURSE
Responsible of the "Internet Applications for a Multimedia Millenium" Programme, organized by the Board of European Students of Technology (BEST), under the auspices of the European Union and the University of Patras, 15.7.1998 - 3.8.1998.
POSTGRADUATE COURSES IN OTHER DEPARTMENTS
- 2004 - 2008: Teaching of the course "Introduction to the WWW"" and "Theory and Technology of Communications Networks and of the Internet", Postgraduate Programme "Virtual Communities. Socio-Psychological Approaches and Technical Applications", Department of Psychology, Panteion University
- 1994-1995: Teaching of the course "Software Technology", Department of Physics, University of Patras
SUPERVISION OF DOCTORAL THESES (Ph.D.)
- Three completed doctoral theses (Nikolaos Drosos, Eleftherios Stergiou, Eleni Christopoulou)
- Six ongoing doctoral theses (Vasilios Stefanis, Athanasios Plessas, Athanasios Nikolakopoulos, Evangelia Boufardea, Flora Oikonomou, Georgios Asimakopoulos)
SUPERVISION OF UNDERGRADUATE AND POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA THESES
Supervision of a large number of Theses for the graduates of the Undergraduate and Postgraduate Program of the Department of Computer Engineering and Informatics, University of Patras, 1986-Today
- Author of the book "Performance Analysis of Systems, and Metrics", in Greek, for the Greek Open University.
- Co-author of the book "Multimedia - Networks", in Greek, for the Greek high schools.
- Co-author of the book "Multimedia", in Greek, for the Greek Technical high schools
- "Evaluation Techniques for Computer Systems", in Greek, for the Dept. of Computer Engineering and Informatics, Univ. of Patras, (5th and 4th year)
- "Internet Technologies", in Greek, for the Dept. of Computer Engineering and Informatics, Univ. of Patras, (5th and 4th year)
- "Simulation of Information Systems", in Greek, for the Dept. of Computer Engineering and Informatics, Univ. of Patras, (5th and 4th year)
Responsible of the "Internet Technologies" Research Group of Graphics, Multimedia and GIS Laboratory of CEID on:
- Performance Analysis of Information Systems
- Internet Technologies and Applications
- Distributed and Ubiquitous Computing Systems
PROGRAM COMMITTEE MEMBER
- 16th ACM Conference on Hypertext and Hypermedia (ACM HyperText 2005): International Workshop on Peer to Peer and Service Oriented Hypermedia: Techniques and Systems.
- 2006 IEEE International Parallel & Distributed Processing Symposium (IPDPS 2006)
- 19th IEEE International Conference on Tools with Artificial Intelligence (ICTAI 2007)
- IADIS WWW/Internet Conference 2008, 2010, 2012
- 4th Balkan Conference in Informatics (BCI 2009)
- 4th Conference of Electrical and Computer Engineering Students 2010 (SFHMMY 4.0)
- 5th South East European Doctoral Student Conference (DSC 2010) - Information & Communication Technologies track
- 8th International Conference on Web Information Systems and Technologies (WEBIST 2012)
- 2nd Mining Humanistic Data Workshop, 14th International Conference on Engineering Applications of Neural Networks (EANN 2013)
- 9th International Conference on Web Information Systems and Technologies (WEBIST 2013)
- 3rd Special session on Mobile Device Software Development and Web Development (MDSD 2013), 17th Panhellenic Conference on Informatics (PCI 2013)
- 8th International Conference on Knowledge, Information and Creativity Support Systems (KICSS 2013)
- Workshop on Mining Social Network Dynamics (MSND), WWW Conference 2013
- 10th International Conference on Web Information Systems and Technologies (WEBIST 2014)
REFEREEING FOR CONFERENCES AND JOURNALS
ACM SIGMETRICS Conference on Measurement and Modeling of Computer Systems, Performance Evaluation International Journal, Euro-Par Conference, IFIP TCS Conference, Journal of Systems Architecture, Data and Knowledge Engineering, Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing (JPDC), Theoretical Computer Science Journal (TCS), Balkan Conference in Informatics, IEEE International Conference on Tools with Artificial Intelligence (ICTAI), Advances in Multimedia, International Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium (IPDPS), IEEE Transactions on Multimedia, Journal of Engineering, Theory of Computing Systems Journal, MSND Workshop - WWW Conference 2013, International Journal on Artificial Intelligence Tools (IJAIT), etc.
EDITORIAL BOARD COMMITTEE MEMBER FOR JOURNALS
- International Journal of Advanced Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing (JAPUC), IGI Global Publications.
- International Journal of Handheld Computing Research (IJHCR), IGI Global Publications.
CONFERENCE CHAIR AND SESSION ORGANIZATION
- Program Co-Chair: Workshop "Sociable Smart City 2013", Symposium on Smart Cities, 9th International Conference on Intelligent Environments (IE '13), Athens, July 16-19, 2013
- Program Co-Chair: Workshop "Urban Computing & Modern Cities (UCMC)", 4th International Conference on Information, Intelligence, Systems and Applications (IISA 2013), Piraeus, July 10-12, 2013
- Program Co-Chair: International Conference "Social Applications for Lifelong Learning", Patras, November 4-5, 2010.
- Program Chair: International Conference "Bridging the Digital Divide in Rural Communities: Practical Solutions and Policies", Athens, May 15-16, 2008.
- Co-organizer of the Parallel Technical Session "Methods and Technologies for Personalized and Adaptive Web Interaction", of the 11th International Conference on Human - Computer Interaction (2005 HCI International), July 22-27, 2005, Las Vegas, USA.
INVITED ARTICLES AND PRESENTATIONS
- Workshop of W3C (World Wide Web Consortium), on «Semantic Web», 19 June 2003, Athens. Title: «Semantic Web. Content and Structure»
- Article in «Logistics and Management» Journal (No 8, 9 and 10, 2001): J. Garofalakis, P. Destounis, C. Makris, «Load Balancing in Storage Networks»
- Training Seminar of the «e-GATE» Network, 10 May 2001, Athens. Title: «Page popularity and Marketing in the Web»
- 6th Conference INFOSYSTEM 2000, 29-30 September 2000, Thessaloniki. Title: «Greek Regions and the New Economy: Cituation, Perspectives and Support Mechanisms». Proc. pp. 311-326
- ATEI Lefkada: «New ICT and New Economy», Lefkada 19.1.2007
- «3rd Regional Electronic Security Forum: Telecommunications Networks and Systems Security», 11 & 12 October 2007, Thessaloniki. Title: «Safe Mobile Internet: Threats and Solutions»
- Programme CADSES Closing Conference, Workshop on "Innovative information and communication instruments for more competitiveness and accessibility", Venice, Italy, 24-25 November 2008. Title: "Creation of telecentres to support learning, entrepreneurship and access to Information Society, in isolated areas"
- International Conference «Designing the School of Tomorrow», Athens, January 14-16, 2011. Title: "Participative Web for Collaborative Learning in the Greek Education System: Vision and Practice"